Sunday, March 1, 2015

WOW! I'm the March Adopt-A-Blogger Adoptee!

Welcome!

OK, so I was very surprised to get the email informing me that I had been selected for the March Adopt-a-Blogger.  I feel very humbled to think that we're going to have so many wonderful people praying for us and our desire to become parents.  It is a little added bonus that my birthday is in March, so that the timing of this seems like such a beautiful little birthday present from God!
This is me.  Hi!  I'm Casey.
This is my sweet husband, James.
So, some background.  James and I have been married nearly 10 years.  We started trying to grow our family almost 7 years ago, and we've had absolutely no success.  We haven't had any pregnancies (that I know of).  I consulted a NaPro physician a few years ago, and apparently my progesterone was so low that he wasn't sure I was even ovulating.  I started some medical interventions to try to stimulate ovulation, including Clo.mid, progesterone, and HC.G injections.  After a few months of treatment, some other medical issues came up that made me decide to step back from the infertility treatments until I could get those issues diagnosed and addressed.  Eventually, all my various symptoms turned out to be related to undiagnosed Graves Disease (auto-immune hyperthyroidism).


Well, over the past 1.5 years, I've gotten the Graves Disease controlled with medication and am currently under medical observation to see if it is in remission (here's hoping!).  James and I have been discussing and praying about what path we should follow regarding our infertility.  I'm about to turn 36, so my biological clock is definitely ticking, and I feel like I need to make a decision soon.  I could try to resume infertility medical treatments, but to be quite honest, I'm a little scared of the idea of the hormone supplementation.  It may have just been a coincidence of timing, but my hyperthyroidism symptoms only first started showing up right after I started the H.CG and progesterone.  I'm worried that trying to fix my fertility hormones may jack my thyroid hormones up again.  We're also seriously considering the possibility that God may be calling us to parenthood through adoption rather than biology.  We know, for sure, that if we do adopt, it would be from the foster care system (probably a sibling group), as opposed to aiming for infant adoption.  We've discussed it and that just feels more "right" for the two of us.

So, if you all could pray for direction for us, that would be great!  Of course, if God wants to give us a pregnancy, we would be beyond thrilled, so prayers for that miracle pregnancy would be unbelievably appreciated!  But even more so, please pray that James and I are able to discern God's will for us and the right path to take at this time: pursing infertility medical treatments, or foregoing medical intervention and pursing adoption from foster care.  And thank y'all so very much for taking the time to pray for me and to allow me to pray for you as well.

Here's the link back to the Adopt-A-Blogger prayer campaign, now being hosted at Conceiving Hope!

9 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! Praying with you, Casey! <3

    I hope March is a month of peaceful discernment for the path ahead to parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes trying to discern the right path is the toughest part! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a close friend who fosters babies- it is a wonderful gift. If you are both feeling called to foster-to-adopt, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you both! And happy birthday month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and hoping you have a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you both! That is such a special and difficult calling, and so needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely praying for you guys! My husband just got diagnosed/treated with Graves disease too, so I will definitely remember your intentions!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Charitable, civil comments only, please!

Also, I am temporarily disabling anonymous commenting, due to a sudden flood of spambot comments on my site. Thanks for understanding!