Monday, March 9, 2015

What is Freedom?

"Freedom is the disciplining of desire, so as to make the achievement of the good first possible, and then effortless."  - Fr. Robert Barron

I need to tattoo this quote on my forehead, so that I see it every time I look in the mirror and remind myself that desire is meant to be disciplined, not given free rein.

The quote comes around the 1:15 mark in the video I linked to below (sorry, having problems with embedding it, for some reason), but I suggest watching the whole thing, because it's awesome.

Fr. Robert Barron on Israel, the Church, and the Law (Part 2 of 2)

3 comments:

I would love to hear what you have to say. Charitable, civil comments only, please!

Also, I am temporarily disabling anonymous commenting, due to a sudden flood of spambot comments on my site. Thanks for understanding!