Thursday, September 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes - Vol. 10


Already stylin'!

Here he is!!  My brand new nephew, Jonah, also know as the Little Flirt.  That's right, at only a week old, he's already good with the ladies!  I was holding him while he slept this evening, and I was trying to slowly coax him awake so he could eat.  He started streeeetching and yaaaaawning and opening his eyes into little slits, so I thought I was making progress.  Then, he fell back asleep!  I called him a tease, and he gave this impudent little half-smile. Such a Little Flirt he is, trying to win his auntie over.

Thanks to all who prayed for my sister to have a good labor!  It's much appreciated.


I got to see Mumford and Sons in concert again on Wednesday of this week.  Yay!  It was fun, and it would have been perfect if I hadn't started feeling nauseated and panicky from the heat/humidity about, oh, 20 minutes into the show.  Boo!  I never had a problem with Texas summer heat before, and I know enough to stay hydrated.  But I'm so used to working in an office kept at what feels like (to me) the same temperature as a meat locker, that I just can't take the heat like I used to.  I need to get outside more and toughen up.

This. Is. Perfect!


How to Live with Introverts Guide Printable by =RomanJones on deviantART
Along the same introversion line, this post on Matt Walsh's blog is pretty interesting.  He does a great job of describing the difficulties of being an introvert in a extrovert-oriented society.  Personally, I think he characterizes extroverts a too harshly and uncharitably, but the introvert portion is spot on.  Especially this:
Instead, I’d like to examine the idea that being “outgoing and extroverted” is some sort of universal ideal.
It isn’t. If a kid is introverted he doesn’t need to be broken like a dog. He doesn’t need to change his personality. He doesn’t even need to “come out of his shell.” He’s not hiding in a shell. He just doesn’t feel the need to chatter incessantly with everyone in the room. If that makes you uncomfortable — that’s your problem. There’s nothing objectively preferable or superior about extraversion. 
It sounds so freeing, but boy oh boy, is this something that I'm going to have to work hard to convince myself about myself!

Anybody watch America's Got Talent?  This season's winner, Kenichi Ebina, is insanely talented.  If you haven't see him perform, you have got to watch this:


Little known fact about me (about to be more widely known):  My favorite foods ever are baked beans and fried okra.  I know, right!  Soooo good.  This is usually what I would request for my birthdays growing up.  I'm such a Southerner!

I think I'm in love with this hat!


And isn't this delicious!  We need to wear kick-ass hats like this more often!


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. That purple hat would go perfectly with my butterfly necklace I got for my birthday. :)

    I would love to see Mumford & Sons! Hope you were able to enjoy it despite the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think that women really did make a mistake when they gave up wearing hats like that. It's so much easier to appear distinguished in the right hat.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Charitable, civil comments only, please!

Also, I am temporarily disabling anonymous commenting, due to a sudden flood of spambot comments on my site. Thanks for understanding!