Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Learning to Love Myself (Vol. 3)

OK, this may sound a little odd, but one thing I really like about myself is my large bone structure.

You may be thinking to yourself, "Hunh?  Who in the world loves their bone structure?!  This lady is grasping at straws."  Why yes, I am grasping at straws, thankyouverymuch.  (It's a lot harder to find things I like/love about myself than I thought it would be.)  But please, allow me to explain.



Check out dem big bones!
I have always felt a little like a giant.  I am not, in fact, a giant.  Far from it.  But compared to the people in my family, I feel like I am. I'm taller than they are, and just bigger altogether. But, as I've matured, I've come to really like being big boned. It makes me feel strong and sturdy and capable of hard physical labor (if needed). Plus, I carry my "several" pounds of extra weight well, because I've got a nice big frame to carry it on. Yep, I'm a big girl, and I like it!! What do you love about yourself?

1 comment:

  1. Love love it!! Our society only has time for waifs, or "in shape" women with impossible proportions. Plus, here's a secret: we small boned women can't carry fat as well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Charitable, civil comments only, please!

Also, I am temporarily disabling anonymous commenting, due to a sudden flood of spambot comments on my site. Thanks for understanding!