Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Learning to Love Myself (Vol. 1)

I think a lot of people tend to think of themselves in a negative light.  They focus on their faults, their failings, and what they don't like about themselves.  I know that I do this far too often.  I find it too easy to make self-deprecatory statements and play them off like jokes.

I think we all need to be a little more charitable to ourselves.  We need to recognize the lovely, funny, beautiful, and gifted parts of ourselves.  We need to remember that we are lovable because God made us and loves us.

Now, keep in mind, I'm not advocating self-centeredness or narcissism.  Just a healthy acknowledgment of the gifts and blessings God has actually given to each of us (which, by the by, is the part of the definition of humility).

So, that's what I'm going to do.
Once a week, I'm going to make an effort to identify one thing to love about myself.  Some things will be fun or silly, others will be serious, all will be me.  Consider yourself invited to join in:  once a week, take the time to find something to love about yourself.


Learning to Love Myself

I like to wear hats, and I am one of those fortunate enough to look good wearing hats and not be afraid of looking silly (even when I obviously do, sometimes!!).  Hats, hats, hats:  I have a few that are so much fun, and I wish I had more opportunity to wear them!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Casey! Thanks for the link to the cartoon. I am so psyched! I started poking around your blog and feel that we are kindred spirits; except that my ears stick out too much to wear hats :( it's awesome that you can carry them off. You could go as a 1940s ww2 woman for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Charitable, civil comments only, please!

Also, I am temporarily disabling anonymous commenting, due to a sudden flood of spambot comments on my site. Thanks for understanding!