Sunday, July 28, 2013

7 in 7 - Day 7: I Made It

7 posts in 7 days really wore me out!
Well, I did it!  I successfully wrote 7 posts in 7 days, in response to the Jen Fulwiler's blogging challenge over on Conversion Diary.  And boy, am I pooped!  It was harder than I thought it would be.  Not so much because I couldn't think of things to say, because trust me, I've got plenty of opinions on plenty of subjects that I don't mind sharing with anybody dumb interested enough to listen.  No, the tough thing was just finding the time every day.  I work full time, and I have a nastily long commute to and from work.  So by the time I get home, I'm pretty tired and just want to relax, not spend even more time in front of the computer trying to compose a new blog post.  At least, not every single day.


I enjoy writing;  it's fun, challenging and stimulating.  But I don't find it relaxing.  Probably because I NEED to say things the right way, the way that not only gets my point across, but is also aesthetically pleasing.  It's more like what I imagine an artist would feel when doing a piece of artwork (I can only imagine, since my artistic skills are abysmal).  For me, writing is more intense.  Sentences aren't just said, they're crafted:  carved and molded into something intended and beautiful.  Words aren't just relaying information, but painting pictures.  I don't aim to talk at you, but to engage your intellect and imagination.

I don't know how well I achieve any of this, but I hope I am at least partially successful.  As you can probably guess, writing with this mindset and this much intention doesn't lend itself easily to spontaneous posts.  I struggle with just rattling something off really quickly.  I feel flustered if I don't get to think things through.  So, yeah, writing everyday has been quite the challenge indeed.

But I think writing every day for the past week has given me the motivation I needed to get me writing blog posts more often than just every week or two.  I'm going to try to post maybe 3 times a week, and see how that works out for me.  I hope you'll join me, jump in the conversation, and stay awhile.  Let me know what you think about what I write, in the comment box or in an email.  Or just say hi, because I love hearing from people.  Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You did it! Congrats!!!! Great job. I enjoy reading yourblog.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say. Charitable, civil comments only, please!

Also, I am temporarily disabling anonymous commenting, due to a sudden flood of spambot comments on my site. Thanks for understanding!